Sunday, July 20, 2008

When are you too old to go to a European Rock Festival???

So I love music, primarily of the indie variety.  I love discovering some new band that only has an ep or two out based on their own distribution.  I also am a big fan of bargains, so thus the music festival with it's large amounts of music must be added value (let's forget for now about the cost of plane fare and lodging).  But Rock Werchter 2008 may be the last European festival I attend.  I still have tics for APW so gotta go to that one in August.  It rained so much, and four days.... at least I wasn't camping with the teenagers.  I just don't know if I can handle the experience of rain, rain and more rain, coupled with the intermittent periods where the only viable listening option wasn't too appealing.  

Gotta say Sigur Ros opening for Radiohead was pretty mindblowing though.... And frites and Stella Artois(2.50 Euros a pop)....   hmmmm, I may have to reconsider for 2009.


No comments: