Sunday, June 27, 2010

Voxtrot -Bowery Ballroom - Saturday, June 26, 2010



Billed as the last show on the "Goodbye Cruel World" farewell tour for Voxtrot.  I thoroughly enjoyed hearing these Austin boys playing songs off of their short ep collection and sole lp.  The fans were in full force and the band was eager to put on a good show.

Ramesh has great stage presence.  I'm sure that he will be able to find a career in the entertainment field in the future... unless he's too disillusioned.  We got to hear some great indie tunes, and I'm grateful that I finally got the chance to see them.  (I planned to see them several years back at the now defunct Magnetic Field in Brooklyn) but couldn't make it.

They put on a collection of the hits.  Standouts for me were Your Biggest Fan, Raised By Wolves, The Start of Something, Long Haul, Kid Gloves and Firecracker.

The best surprise was a most excellent cover of New Order's "Age of Consent".

I'll miss this band...


No comments: